
I'll be using a product called "core-bond" to attached the core to the fiberglass. I didn't have it this weekend so instead installing the new balsa, I started cutting into the stbd side to recore selected areas. Below is the area just forward of the transom. The was rotten for about 18 inches forward. The core in other places was solid but soaked. This was difficult to remove so I decided to cut around the solid areas and will open it up to dry it out.

The photo below shows the upper area of the stbd side all prepped and ready for glass. I left a small border between the transom and the edge so I have a structure to fill with thickened epoxy to isolate the transom from the rest of the boat.

Below show where I cut around solid core. You can also see light areas at the bottom. This is where I ground the blisters on the outside of the hull.
1 comment:
I'd hate to see what my core looks like on the sides there in the back.
Hey Bill, how many hip bruises do you have from leaning through the locker opening?
Post a Comment